Wednesday, March 10, 2010

More St. Paddy's fun...


This one's for my bff's. I used up a bunch of scraps, made the background paper myself, added some ribbon & bling and *O'voila*! You can't really see that the dark strip under the ribbon is actually gold foil. The sentiment I printed on the computer right onto the background paper. I also printed up a *disclaimer* on the back of the card- that basically said "I have a NEED to make stuff, and since I can only make so much stuff for myself, you bless me by being a recipient of the stuff! No reciprocation necessary. And if I'm driving you bonkers with stuff- let me know and I'll take you off the 'stuff' list :)". I have a couple of friends who FEEL BAD when I give them stuff because they didn't get me anything! And this is totally NOT why I give stuff- to get stuff in return - and my friends should 'get that' about me...so then I feel bad that they feel bad and 'round and 'round it goes :) You know that God loves a cheerful giver.....I'm guessing He loves cheerful *receivers* too :) Anyhoo....I'm thinking of making my disclaimer into a stamp. Whaddyathink? ><>

1 comment:

  1. Some people just have a hard time taking from others. I remind my daughter it is good to be a gracious giver and taker. Taking usually makes the giver feel good, so I tell her to remember that when she receives a small gift. Your cards are lovely, and your wreath is a great recycling project. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving some joy :)