Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ash Wednesday


This is the "Lenten Jellyfish" - my fun name for the Sanctuary mobile at church :) This year's is going to be a whole new deal for me- a progressive one that will change each week before the Lenten Services. So I had to start out a little sparser than my normal *over-the-top* craziness! Stay tuned for the updates. All to the Glory of God :)
Last night was the first message from our new Shepherd, Pastor Larson, and what a blessing it was! Such a humble, genuine man with a heart for the Lord! I know, that's kind of a 'pre-req' for clergy, but it's not always the case, sadly. I'm thankful that the Lord saw fit to bring him here, and that lives will be touched because he shares the Gospel with passion :) 
On another note, don't forget to check out my retirement sale-a-palooza- the rubber is flying out the door as we speak! First come, first served as it were. God bless you as you travel the Lenten road to Calvary! 

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing the mobiles you make for your church, Sue. I do always wonder how you get them hung way up there though. It's going to be fun to watch this mobile change over the weeks. That's a neat idea!

    A Godly pastor is indeed something to be thankful for, because as you said they aren't all that way. Those of us who have one need to be sure not to take them for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley! Not to spoil the *mystery* of it all....but there is a winch and a cable system in the Sanctuary :) It's about 40 feet to the ceiling.....and I am NOT a good candidate for high ladder work :) Thanks for commenting <3

      Delete

thanks for leaving some joy :)