Monday, January 18, 2010

Praying for our Haitian Brothers & Sisters

Haiti Banner I Pictures, Images and PhotosWell there's alot being said about the earthquake- some awesome positive/encouragement stuff, and some *why on God's green Earth would anyone say that???* stuff. I believe it's not our 'job' to judge people/events/catastrophes - only to pray/care for/love on the people on God's heart. If you want some great perspective, visit www.epm.org and see what one of my favorite authors (Randy Alcorn) has to say about it all. If you're in a position to help financially, I know my church body is right there in the midst, and you can see more at www.lcms.org, and World Vision is also taking donations. I think that with both of these organizations, 100% of what is donated is actually given ( no %'s taken for administration, etc..) I am so heartsick for those people, and rejoice with them in the midst of horribleness when another survivor is found, or supplies delivered. One of the things I say alot is " The only thing I can do for them is pray...but it's the BEST thing I can do." So on this Martin Luther King Jr. 'day' - it's good to be reminded of our many many many blessings and opportunities here in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving some joy :)