Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day

american flag
This is one of those bittersweet 'holidays' for me....."I'm proud to be an American- where at least I know I'm free" ( thank you Lee Greenwood for one of the best patriotic songs ever written, in my humble opinion....still makes me tear up when I hear it!) The bittersweet part comes from the aknowledgement that so many men and women through the years have given their lives to pay for that freedom. So this Memorial Day weekend, I will be prayerfully thanking God for our freedom, and for all of those families who are serving our country everywhere in the world, and for those who have lost their loved ones in the line of duty.....and I am going to try to be more deliberate about shaking hands with servicemen/women and thanking them if I see them out and about....

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving some joy :)