Sunday, June 7, 2020

the great day of Pentecost


I don't know how it is for the rest of you, but most of our church family hasn't stepped foot in the sanctuary since mid March :( It has become a space of cameras, microphones and cables running everywhere! The 'upside' of all the chaos is that more and more people are being reached by our online services and weekly devotions, worship jams (#jammin4Jesus)  and Zoom bible studies :) that may never set foot inside an actual house of worship. God has taken a negative and turned it into a positive, once again. We've been having 'drive-thru church'- which as funny as it sounds, is actually a huge blessing to me - we have  'stations' we go to while staying in our cars: A welcome and receiving the verses of the day printed out, Prayer, Communion, Praise Songs, and a Blessing as we leave. It's been so uplifting to see faces we haven't seen for too long. As I write this, our county has just been allowed to start 'Phase 2' which means we can potentially start gathering in worship in smaller groups soon. I wanted the sanctuary mobile to be ready to greet folks when we do return to inside worship. Normally in the liturgical church year, we are already back to  "Ordinary Time", or the green season, as I affectionately call it. Our church staff is graciously lenient with me in letting me leave it up longer.....even though the paraments will be green for months. I will probably leave it up for awhile this summer.  I have no idea what gathering together is going to look like, but our leadership team is working on figuring out what's best for the greater good. Patience is a virtue. May God bless us all as we move forward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving some joy :)