Monday, November 18, 2013

Candlelight Dessert


One of my favorite things we do at my church each year is the Candlelight Dessert~ ladies only ( our awesome men serve as waiters for the evening!) where we gather and celebrate the coming of Advent. I've been hosting a table for years now, and my inner *Martha* just thrives on all the planning and decorating. I'm already thinking about what I'll do next year :) Which really helps, because often most of what I use comes from Goodwill/garage sales so I have plenty of time for treasure hunting throughout the year.
This year we were a little short of folks who could set up a table, so I gladly set up a second table :) I just love seeing the gymnasium transformed into a Winter Ballroom atmosphere.....you've never seen so many fake ficus trees full of white lights :) but it works....

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving some joy :)