Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ken's Homegoing


A dear friend celebrated his Resurrection Day last week after a 19 month long valiant effort to overcome cancer. Ken was the *epitome* of health- never smoked, ate very wisely, excerised greatly. Why lung cancer would come to him is beyond my comprehension. I've had quite a few difficult conversations with God over this one. What I keep hearing back is TRUST ME. So I am. I do. I always have. I always will. For His ways are not our ways. I am thankful for Ken's faithful life: friend,teacher,mentor,prayer warrior,gardener,woodworker,volunteer...the list goes on and on. I truly believe he saved my daughter's life one year on the annual youth group bike trip to the San Juan Islands when he noticed that her bike had no brakes (ok, so we're NOT parents of the year!) and promptly fixed them on the spot. 'Cause that is some *hilly* biking! I'm grateful for every time we were together- and for the 19 months Ken had to meet his new grandaughters. Especially for the Grace of God that assures me we will see Ken again. I am honored to be playing on the worship team for his Celebration of Life service- Jesus help me play through the tears- happy and sad. See you soon, my friend ><>

PS- Ken HAS overcome :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. Eventhough you know that he is no longer suffering, it is hard for us to let them go and always hard to let someone go that you love and is a friend. You will do wonderfully playing for his service. Condolences to you and his family.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving some joy :)