Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Trinity Sunday....on Tuesday.


This was definitely one of my most ambitious banner projects! My *vision* was to write down the names of God, and put them in the shape of a cross....well....some names tend to blend together with the rest of the Trinity, and before I knew it- I had so many awesome names gathered I couldn't just edit any of them out! So in my usual *flying by the seat of my pants* design method, I took off running with it- using the overhead projector and my computer to generate the names. Only too bad for me, I realized about 2/3 of the way into it that the 8 yards of fabric I had wasn't going to be quite enough! So I started 'scrunching' the names up. Which made the cross shape a little less obvious than I had hoped for. Which is why one of my *life mottos* is "it seemed like a good idea when I thought of it" :) Nonetheless, I still like how it turned out, and the fun part was I made it like a *puzzle* kind of- if you look at it closely enough, you can see that some of the letters within some of the words are obviously a darker color- and if you start at the top of the banner and work your way down, they spell out Jesus Christ :) Just a little something fun to do during church...when you should be paying attention to the sermon. Heheheh. We've long since replaced the *banner hanging areas* with big screens, so this huge thing now hangs in the back entryway to our sanctuary. I still smile when I see it :) ><>

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving some joy :)