Monday, April 28, 2008

Frustrated....

I am so frustrated with the way things are going at my house of worship. There is just a general 'malaise' about the whole thing...Maybe we are just too 'conservative Lutheran' for our own good. I understand that worship is a response to our relationship with our Lord & Savior and that it is personal between each of us and our Creator....- but I know He deserves our complete, joyful, sold out, loving praise and adoration. The bible says He hates 'lukewarm' and will 'spit it out'! ...and I'm afraid that's what we've become....or maybe I'm becoming more bold in my thinking as I get older....as it is now most folks are uncomfortable even clapping or raising their hands in praise....last fall a group of us had a vision for a new "progressive" youth service ( which means more loud & rocking than anything else we've ever done :) and it seemed like an awesome undertaking....but we are just not getting the attendance or support that we thought it would. Which is a major part of my frustration- there are church families around us that are thriving with this kind of worship service- growing in leaps and bounds! And so we go on 'haitus' for the rest of the summer.....thankfully God never goes on 'haitus'... the bottom line is that God would be Glorified.....maybe if we had a latte cart the people would come......

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving some joy :)